Monday, September 5, 2011

The Basics

         I became interested in aviation, as a young child. I was fascinated with airplanes, how they worked, etc. I traveled very extensive with my parents while growing up and became very acquainted with civilian passenger aircraft. I traveled to various states and countries and became deeply interested the everyday operations of commercial aircraft.

        While in Jr. High & High school, I decided that the field of Aviation was my "thing". I made sure to become involved with various organizations that were connected with the industry. I attended summer camps, such as the ACE Academy at Wayne State University & the NASA space camp in Huntsville, AL. These were exciting times as I was surrounded by fellow peers in which loved flying just as I did.

        When I entered high school, I continued to thrive in aviation & flight studies and activities. I completed the Senior level of the ACE Academy, and later traveled to Western Michigan University for the high school summer flight camp.This experience allowed me to have my first flight in a small aircraft with a flight instructor. After returning from the flight camp, I announced to the world that I was going to be an airline pilot.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. What is the ACE Academy? Also, I am a fellow Space Camp grad - one of the best experiences of my life. On another note, while I like the background of your blog, I find it a little harder to read.

    ReplyDelete