Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Ideal Career Position

For me, this assignment is by far, the most challenging topic this semester. I find myself treading down a path different from which I started. I first came to this fork in the road, at the very beginning of the semester. I arrived for the first day of AVT 422, and noticed I was all but foreign to the current events in aviation. Most if not all of my colleagues were more familiar with the current events than I was, and I immediately had to play catch up. In addition, throughout the course of the class, I noticed I do not crave the industry as I did for the past 4 years. I like to keep in touch or abreast, but don’t think of Aviation as my current #1 career goal/ desire. So with that, I completed this assignment topic as following:

-Ultimately, when I “grow up”, I currently desire to be the Senior Vice-President of Western Claims. This particular position encompasses the oversight of Regional Claim Directors (and their complete staff), ensuring profit, growth, & #1 customer satisfaction for the company. In addition, it also encompasses the oversight & management of the Catastrophe team of adjusters & carious staff ensuring strong representation and servicing our customers with the highest satisfaction. I am interested in this particular position & company, because of the service I can provide to my employees as well as customers, vendors, etc. Also, the company itself has the highest involvement with vendors & customers, in which requires both Aviation & Flight properties. The catastrophe team is the area in which transports assigned staff to areas in which a major catastrophe has been declared. Aviation has been deemed the main method of travel, and with my Aviation knowledge & background, it would be essential in find airports in which we could operate to in from, as well as the geographically knowledge of different areas. Although there are many different areas within Allstate, the claims area seems the best fit for me, as I can utilize all of my diverse/various skills, and achieve the same goal, customer satisfaction.

Although I could not find a particular link for this position, I was able to locate a job description in which I would serve, while working my way to my ideal position. This position is essentially the next current step in which my career would need to take to start down the path to achieve my goal: 

http://www.allstate.com/careers/job-search.aspx

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting goal - your degree will serve you will whether you are in the aviation industry or not. Best of luck and stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete